Tons of Great Reasons to Celebrate Earth Day 2022
‘Tons’ of Great Reasons to Celebrate Earth Day 2022
At TPS We Celebrate Earth Day the Carbon Neutral Way
Every year TPS sets out to lower our carbon footprint, and that of our clients, with the great work we do together. Partnering with UPS, we offset the climate impact of 139.91 metric tons of CO2 emissions to net-zero in 2021! We celebrate Earth Day with this fantastic achievement! It is a great start, but it’s just the beginning!
A Partnership for the Environment
The carbon neutral certificate issued by UPS Global President of Customer Solutions Chris Staples, states; “TPS Promotions & Incentives, on behalf of your company, UPS has mitigated 139.91 metric tons of CO2e during the period January 2021 – December 2021. Thank you for staying neutral”.
“Recognizing that we are a trusted supply chain partner, shipping carbon neutral is a major step in the right direction not only for TPS, but also for our incredible clients as we help them achieve measurable reductions in their carbon footprints” says company CEO Aaron Moscoe.
Giving Mother Nature a Breather
Let’s zoom out a bit. Picture a cross country tip from Truro Nova Scotia to Vancouver B.C. That’s a long trip! And a lot of C02 emissions. How long? Close to 5,700 kms. You’d have to drive three days in a row non stop to get from point A to B. Now, imagine doing that 100 times. That feat would cover 563,241 kms, require approximately 60,830 litres of fuel, and expend, you guessed it, 139.91 metrics tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
Why We Chose the UPS Certified Carbon Neutral Program
So, what’s the UPS Certified Carbon Neutral program all about? It’s about accountability, sustainable practices and respect for nature, but most of all it’s about doing the right thing. We love that the results are independently validated by SGS, one of the world’s most respected audit companies. To this end, climate aware companies like TPS Promotions & Incentives reach partner with UPS to join the program and offset 100% of CO2 emissions generated by our shipping in Canada.
A portion of funds also directly supports reforestation, wastewater treatment, landfill/methange gas destruction projects. To illustrate, consider Wolf Creek, an alternate energy project in Georgia, which offsets CO2 by making electricity out of methane landfill emissions. Now, that’s resourceful thinking!
The Future is Clean(er)
This year we have great reasons to celebrate Earth Day, and our dedication to sustainability is ongoing. To this end, we rely on our responsible sourcing, product safety & compliance, and supplier diversity programs to achieve our goals. We are committed to a cleaner future. Want to know more? Read On!
- Where new cartons are required, TPS uses FSC Certified Cartons made from 100% recycled fibres.
- TPS is EcoVadis Silver, ranking amongst the top 75% of all companies rated for sustainability.
- TPS is 4-Pillar SMETA Audited for our Health & Safety Practices, Labour Standards, Business Management Systems, and Environmental & Sustainability Practices.
- We are members of the Fair Labor Association& the International Consumer Product Health & Safety Organization.
- TPS is a Signatory to the UN Global Compact
- TPS is a Corporate Member of WBE (Women Business Enterprise) Canada/ participant in supplier diversity accelerator program.
- Your purchases also help fund Forest Nation, One Tree Planted, 1% For The Planet, and other impactful environmental support programs.
We continue to focus on offering exceptional functional promotional products, responsibly sourced, made from sustainable materials with less packaging. Out of The Woods, for example produces durable, washable and styish bags made from tree cellulose, a renewable material that produces a lower carbon footprint than traditional materials. We recommend you take a look at one of their most in demand products: the Insulated Wine & Spirits Valet.
Check out two of our incredible sustainable product lines:
- Refresh Glass – upscale glassware, upcycled in North America!
- Out Of The Woods – retail quality, durable bags made from FSC Certified paper!
Look for more sustainable product highlights coming soon!
Want to chat? Give us a call anytime!